This eccentric snake plant is the oddball in its family. Native to Kenya, it grows upwards with thick fleshy leaves spiking in all directions.
Growing Pot Size: 15cm
- They may look intimidating, but these green babies are one of the easiest to look after.
- A natural air purifier. Draws in airborne toxins and CO2 and releases oxygen whilst you sleep.
- Great for indoor spaces, thriving in dark corners.
- Growing pot size - 15cm
A Breath of Fresh Air!
Whilst their name suggests they may bite, this plant is more than a delight! As an adaptation to desert life, the thick, spiky leaves absorb CO2 and release oxygen at night. It has been known to improve our breathing for a better night’s sleep.
Snake Plant ‘Francisii’ - A Bringer of Good Luck
- In Feng Shui, Snake Plants are considered good luck plants due to their air-purifying abilities to absorb toxins from the air.
- Such air pollutants are formaldehyde, benzene and trichloroethylene. These toxins get released by your everyday surroundings, such as carpets and paint!
Where is it from?
Native to Kenya.
Plant Care Tips: Snake Plant ‘Francisii’
- This beauty loves sunny or shady areas.
- Loves a snug pot.
- Let the soil fully dry out between watering. Do not let it sit in water, or its leaves may flop.
- Prefers staying in temperatures from 18°C to 24°C. Do not let it stay in temperatures less than 10°C, as they are sensitive to cold!
- Fertilize monthly during spring and summer, when the plant is actively growing.
Pets: Toxic for humans and pets. Keep away from your little ones.
Is the Snake Plant ‘Francisii’ The Right Plant For Me?
The Snake Plant ‘Francisii’ is perfect for any new plant parent, and thrives on neglect! It loves any light but grows taller in well-lit areas. Unique to other Snake Plants, the Francisii has pencil-like, thick pointy leaves. They are short and grow upwards on a stem. Their ability to adapt to poor light makes them a great household candidate. Superb for offices and bedroom corners! Snake Plants also love being pot bound. It helps them grow nice and tall. You may want to get a ceramic container, so the roots don't morph your pots!
Snake Plant - Common Problems and Questions
Help! My Snake Plant is Wrinkling!
When snake plants begin to wrinkle, this can be a sign of underwatering, high temperatures, or too much sunlight. When this happens, assess the environment and act accordingly. Keep Snake Plants away from direct sunlight during the summer, as this will dry them out. Their favourite spots are bright, indirect light!
Should I Mist My Snake Plant?
Although Snake Plants are adapted to hot and humid conditions, it’s not typically recommended to mist the leaves. Misting can cause them to become overwatered and may lead to other health issues.
How Tall Will My Snake Plant Grow?
Although Snake Plants are very slow-growing, the stem can grow up to 60cm and each leaf can grow to around 15cm long.
May be attacked by Vine Weevil if outdoors. Typically not vulnerable to any pest.
*Decorative pots sold separately