You’ve probably purchased pre-packaged aloe gel or used an aloe-rich cosmetic product, but have you ever grown your own?
Aloe gel is anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and choc-full of healthy enzymes that can enrich your skin and soothe angry complexions. It’s also nature’s after-sun, which you might need now the sun has finally reared its head!
Harvesting aloe gel is super easy and a great way to wind down. We promise you'll never want to buy the shop-bought stuff again.
- Take a pair of sharp gardening shears (scissors will do) and cut off a frond about 12cm down from the tip (it should grow a protective layer where its been cut to preserve itself).
- Carefully slice the frond in half lengthwise, so you have maximum access to the inner gel.
For a quick-fix balm:
- Apply the gel directly to your face, wet side down (think ready-made applicator).
Or, to make a natural face mask:
- Take a spoon and scoop the gel out and into a small mixing bowl.
- Add one teaspoon of good quality honey.
- Mix the contents together until smooth.
- Store in a sealed contained and keep refrigerated.
For best results, use within 1 week.
Are you a plant lover just like us? Do you like sharing your love for plants with the whole world!? Tag us on Instagram at @bloomboxclub and receive an exclusive discount! Just slide into our DMs and we'll make sure you get looked after. Plant love is life! xx