We've all seen good old Jamie O work his magic with herbs in the kitchen, but we like to give them a go to spice up some old favourite drinks. Frankly, one of the reasons we launched our Summer Herb Collection is so that we can experiment a bit more with cocktails! We've mastered a couple that we know you'll want to try - a Thyme Pimms and a Lavender Martini.
Classic Summer CocktailsWe've listed the recipes below, so summer cocktails, here we come!
You might associate thyme with roast chicken, but we think it works wonderfully in this garden party cocktail with a difference!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- one lemon, quartered
- 4 springs thyme
- 3/4 cup Pimm’s No. 1
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/3 cup lemonade.
- Stir together the sugar and water in a small saucepan. Add the lemon quarters and thyme sprigs. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat. Once cool, strain out the lemon and thyme.
- Mix the syrup with the Pimm’s, lemon juice and lemonade in a jug. Cheers!
Lavender reminds us of an English country cottage garden. Enjoy a bit of old school nostalgia with this delicious concoction.
- 1tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2.5tbsp of vanilla vodka
- bunch of lavender blossoms
To make the lavender syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups of sugar
- To make the lavender syrup, mix one cup of water, three cups of sugar and 3 tablespoons of lavender blossoms in a small saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Simmer for 1 minute, remove from heat and let syrup steep for about 30 minutes.
- For your cocktail, use just over a teaspoon of the syrup poured over ice in a cocktail shaker along with the vanilla vodka and lemon juice.
- Shake and strain into a martini glass and stick a sprig of lavender in for the perfect Instagram shot!
Are you a plant lover just like us? Do you like sharing your love for plants with the whole world!? Tag us on Instagram at @bloomboxclub and receive an exclusive discount! Just slide into our DMs and we'll make sure you get looked after. Plant love is life! xx